For more than 40 years, Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital has been a place of healing and connection for patients and families in Wilson County and the surrounding area. A part of the Vanderbilt Health community of hospitals and clinics, the two-campus facility is the sole provider of inpatient and outpatient medical services in Wilson County.
Staying Safe Is Essential. So Is Your Health
Staying safe, together, is essential. So is your health.
Don't put off the important preventative screenings, exams, procedures and other care you need.
Just as you've made changes at home, we've made changes, too, so we can provide the care you need, safely.
Become a Nurse at Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital
Why Choose Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital
- Comprehensive services: From the delivery of more than 600 babies to more than 6,000 surgical procedures each year, we offer personalized quality care close to home. Now, as part of Vanderbilt Health, we are even more strongly positioned to meet your needs, from common ailments to the most complex conditions.
- Recognized care: Our hospital is fully accredited by the state of Tennessee and the Joint Commission. In addition, we have received national quality awards including designation as an accredited chest pain center, a stroke center, and a comprehensive weight loss center. In satisfaction surveys, our patients consistently give us high marks in service and quality of care.
- Commitment to community: Our economic impact to this community exceeded $58 million in 2018, including $14 million in charity and uncompensated care. With more than 200 physicians and over 600 employees, we are one of the community’s largest employers, with a payroll topping $38 million.
Services at Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital
- Chest Pain Center: We are equipped to handle cardiac emergencies 24/7. Our accredited Chest Pain Center is designed for the best and quickest treatment for those suffering a heart attack.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation: Our Inpatient Rehabilitation Services on the McFarland Campus is a 26-bed inpatient rehabilitation facility with private rooms; an intensive therapy program including physical, occupational and speech therapy; 24-hour rehabilitation nursing and physician supervision; and onsite access to imaging, laboratory and pharmacy services.
- Primary Stroke Center: Our accredited Stroke Center meets strict national standards that support better outcomes for stroke care, treatment, rehabilitation and recovery.
- Robotic-Assisted Joint Replacement: We were one of the first hospitals in Tennessee to offer robotic-assisted total and partial knee and total hip replacement surgery. This advanced technology for total and partial knee and total hip replacement surgery offers a new option for those with chronic knee and hip pain.
- Weight Loss Center: The Vanderbilt Surgical Weight Loss program offers advanced care to help you lose weight and improve your overall health. If you’ve been unable to reach a healthy weight with nutritional and lifestyle improvements alone, surgery might be a better and safer option for achieving your weight loss goals. Our team will work with you to develop a personalized care plan combining surgery, nutrition, exercise and psychological support.
- Women’s Services: Our Women’s Pavilion offers pregnancy and childbirth care along with educational resources to meet the needs of new parents. Our women’s services also include minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, digital mammography, stereotactic breast biopsies and breast reconstruction surgery.
In partnership with the Tennessee Department of Health and Wilson County Health Department, we’re offering COVID-19 vaccines. Tennesseans age 12 and older are now eligible.
To schedule an appointment through the Tennessee Department of Health to get your shot, call 866-442-5301 or register online.
We also give vaccines on a first-come, first-serve basis as long as supplies are available. This is offered Monday and Friday only, 8 a.m.-noon and 1 p.m.-5 p.m. During holiday weeks, the vaccination schedule will be Tuesday and Friday.
To get your vaccine, come to the main entrance of the hospital. Access is limited. Visitors to the hospital should continue to use the Emergency Department entrance. Our restricted COVID-19 visitation policy remains in place.
Medical Staff Portal
Patient and Visitor Information
Find visiting hours, insurance and more.
Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital offers a comprehensive range of services in a modern, safe and patient-friendly environment.
Classes and Support Groups
Find available classes, class schedules and support group meetings.