Our volunteer auxiliary is dedicated to advancing the welfare of the hospital through volunteer service and fundraising. We provide the highest level of support, assistance and compassion to all patients, visitors and staff.
We offer a range of volunteer opportunities throughout the hospital.
- Front Desk Reception: Greet, direct and assist patients and visitors throughout the hospital. Deliver flowers and mail, transport meals and supplies and run errands.
- Surgical/ICU Waiting Liaison: Greet and welcome family members and visitors waiting for loved ones in surgery and ICU. Answer phone calls, replenish supplies, provide directions and answer questions.
- Outpatient/Ambulatory Surgery Center Liaison: Provide assistance to admitting personnel. Greet and welcome patients and family members. Escort patients and family members to rooms and recovery areas. Answer phones and provide directions.
- Teddy Bear Maker: Help stuff teddy bears for our little patients.
- Inpatient Visitor: Greet and interact with patients and visitors, offer reading materials and other comfort items.
- Clerical Support: Provide clerical support to various departments throughout the hospital.
- Chaplaincy Program: Ordained or lay persons of the church fulfill patient rights and offer spiritual care.
- Receive a health screening (including drug screening, immunizations and TB skin test)
- Attend hospital-wide orientation
- Adhere to uniform and dress codes
- Annual volunteer recognition events
- Contribution to your local community
- Free annual flu vaccine
- Free meals in the hospital cafeteria
About the Volunteer Auxiliary Board
The auxiliary is governed by a board comprised of dedicated volunteers who provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. The board partners with the Director, Community Relations, who leads all day-to-day operations. The board consists of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Sunshine Chair, Project Chair, Past President and Chaplain Chair. The board meets on the first Friday of every other month.
The funds raised by the auxiliary are used in a variety of ways that best suits the needs of the hospital and our patients. Some examples include:
- Prescription relief for patients with financial needs
- Funds for amenities to provide patient care and comfort including the Surgical/ICU Waiting Room renovation project
- Infant car safety seats
- Donations to community projects and local non-profit organizations such as Sherry’s Run, Jerry’s Run, Relay for Life, Christmas For All, Salvation Army of Wilson County and Joseph’s Storehouse